Data Preparation > Database > NSF > Extract Awards
Extracts a table containing one row per award from an NSF database.
The output table will include the following:
- award_number: The award number of this award.
- title: The title of this award.
- start_date: The starting date of this award.
- expiration_date: The expiration date of this award.
- last_amendment_date: The last amendment date of this award.
- awarded_amount_to_date: The total amount awarded to date.
- investigators: The number of investigators of this award.
- award_instrument: TODO: Document me!
- nsf_directorate: TODO: Document me!
- nsf_organization: TODO: Document me!
- abstract_text: TODO: Document me!
Load an NSF file into the tool, then create a database from it using the NSF database loader.
For a quick analysis of a small dataset you may wish to merge together investigator entities with identical names. For a scientifically sound analysis of a larger dataset, you can specify your own merging orders then perform them.