Version 1.2 of Sci2 provides a range of bug fixes to existing plugins, a 64-bit Windows build, and new JSON plugins.
This version will remain a beta release until we've resolved a few more lingering issues.
Tool Change Log
- 64-bit Windows build - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1216
- Ability to read and write JSON files under the CIShell JSON spec - This produces output ready to be visualized using CNS's web visualization framework. This is primarily useful for the upcoming release of the CIShell web service, but desktop export can allow static files to be hosted and sanity checks on data and structures.
- GraphML and Prefuse formats now use format-specific file extensions - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1229
- Scopus format update: Scopus format changed; Sci2 brought into sync with current version - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1184
- NSF format update: NSF CSV format changed; Sci2 brought into sync with current version - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1182
- ISI format update: New fields added to ISI format; Sci2 brought into sync with current version - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1179
- Geocoder update: Country list and boundary data updated to bring Sci2 up-to-date (2015); Country names standardized on US English (non-localized) names - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1230
- Typos fixed in:
- Blondel Community Detection: No longer adds a duplicate community set to its final iteration; Parameter added to determine label field - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1175
- Lowercase, Tokenize, Stem, and Stopword Text plugin: Stopword list path corrected for MacOS - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1176
- MacOS X JVM: Sci2 now runs on latest Oracle Java Runtimes for Java 6, 7, and 8 for MacOS - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1206
- NWB file parser: Dead documentation links corrected for import errors - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1191
- NSF CSV parser: Fixed to use correct JVM date parser - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1182
- Burst Detection plugin:
- Fixed to use correct JVM date parser - JIRA Issues: SCISQUARED-1205, 1109
- Added more flexible date reader and user guidance - JIRA Issue: SCISQUARED-1272
- GUESS plugin: Re-included in MacOS builds
Daniel decided that this release will be 1.2 (no beta)
Where are the workflows that Vivek compiled to test algs?
Add new sample data to relevant dirs and to list of Improvements barabasi.net data now available in /sampledata, and more--please see your notes. I don't see those on http://wiki.cns.iu.edu/display/SCI2TUTORIAL/4.6+Sci2+Release+Notes+v1.2
Was the logo/splash screen updated? We want Sci2 not Sci^2 and new CNS logo
Posted by katy at Jul 17, 2015 18:16
Posted by katy at Jul 27, 2015 12:02